A good blanket can make all the difference between snuggling up in bed at night and tossing and turning because your body isn’t completely comfortable. For some, that feeling of comfort comes from having an old blanket your grandmother made you, or from having the softest cotton sheets on Earth. For others, that sensation only comes from having the best chunky knit blanket available on the market today. This guide will help you learn more about why this item is so great, how to find it, and how to put it to use once you have it in your possession. best chunky knit blanket
What makes a chunky knit blanket so cozy?
A chunky knit blanket is perfect for the winter because it traps your body heat to keep you warm. Additionally, a chunky knit blanket can help relieve pressure from sore muscles or joints due to its weight. This type of blanket is also helpful for people who suffer from arthritis or insomnia because it feels like you’re being hugged all night long. These blankets also tend to be cheaper than many other types of blankets, which is nice since they are often passed down through generations. There are many different styles of these blankets, so there’s one out there that will fit your needs perfectly.
The benefits of using a chunky knit blanket
A chunky knit blanket is perfect for colder weather because it provides warmth, but is also lightweight. This means that you won’t be too hot when you’re trying to sleep, and it won’t add unnecessary bulk to your bed. A thick knit is also perfect for snuggling. For example, if you’re feeling under the weather or are just in need of some extra comfort, then all you have to do is wrap up in your favorite blanket and get cozy! One more benefit of using a chunky knit blanket is that they are easy to throw over chairs or sofas when the company arrives unexpectedly. They’ll keep their seat warm until they can go home again. Plus, no one will have any idea that the chair was previously occupied by someone else!
How to care for your chunky knit blanket
- In order to keep your chunky knit blanket in tip-top shape for as long as possible, try not to wash it too often. Remember that the more you wash the blanket, the less soft it will be.
- If you do decide to wash your best chunky knit blanket, there are a couple of things you can do beforehand to help maintain its quality throughout the washing process. Try pre-washing on a gentle cycle with cold water before laundering. You may also want to use a liquid laundry detergent instead of powdered detergent because they’re often gentler on fabric fibers than powder detergents are.
Some of the best chunky knit blankets on the market
Chunky knit blankets are so warm, soft, and cozy. They’re perfect for lounging on the couch or taking to the movies on a chilly night. If you love being wrapped up in a blanket, then you need to invest in one of these. Here are some chunky knit blankets that will keep you cozy all season long!
1) This chunky knit blanket is made from 100% acrylic yarn. It comes in nine colors, so it’s easy to find one that matches your style! 2) If you’re looking for a versatile blanket that can be used as both a throw blanket and lapghan, this is perfect for you!
How to make chunky knit blankets?
Looking for a less expensive option and a creative way to hone a new skill? Consider making your own chunky knit blanket, which is not as hard as it may seem — even for beginners. Here are a few of our favorite DIY chunky knit blanket tutorials:
- DIY Giant Chunky Blanket: Vlogger Kathryn Snearly of Do It On A Dime offers a fast step-by-step video tutorial that costs less than $35 in total.
- Chunky Hand-Knit Blanket: Blogger Alicia Laurie walks through a simple tutorial using only six or seven skeins of the yard, a tape measure, and scissors.
- Chunky Hand Knit Blanket For Beginners: Blogger Autumn of It’s Always Autumn offers a tutorial for beginners that will only take a few hours, even if you’ve never knitted before. No tools are required if you use chunky chenille or wool yarn.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs):
Which wool do you use?
Blankets, cushions, and wreaths are knitted from 100% pure merino wool (23 microns).
Bobble hats and headbands are made from chunky knit merino wool.
How do I wash my blanket?
If it fits, the machine washes our knitted weighted blanket on delicate mode, below 86 degrees Fahrenheit. If it doesn’t fit in your machine, gently hand wash it with cold water, below 86 degrees. Dry flat and let the US weather dry it for you!
What are the products made of?
100% Australian Merino sheep’s wool. This is a hypoallergenic material that will keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
vegan yarn: super chunky 100% Acrylic, it looks and feels like Merino wool. Check out a description of a product to see what it is made of.
Jumbo chenille and chunky chenille yarn: vegan 100% Polyester, super soft and beautiful, perfect for light but chunky knitting products; it is washable and easy to take care of.
What sizes do the blankets come in?
The blankets come in many sizes, most of all in standard sizes: Best Affordable Products Baby blanket: 25×30 inches; Small: 30×50, Medium: 40×60, Queen: 50×70 and King: 60×70 inches (covers half of a King size bed). You can request any custom size.
How much yarn do you need to make a Chunky Knit Blanket?
If you’re looking to make a chunky knit blanket, you’ll need to purchase quite a bit of yarn. A standard-size chunky knit blanket requires approximately 6-8 skeins of super bulky weight yarn. However, the amount of yarn you’ll need will also depend on the specific pattern you’re using. Check out these free knitting patterns for inspiration.