Pickleball has been becoming a popular sport in recent years. Whether you are a professional or just taking it as a hobby, there is a lot you need to know about the gears, and a well-informed choice for the best pickleball paddle is important to make your game more fun.
We have stockpiled everything for your convenience with the best pickleball paddles for men, women, or beginners. Moreover, a bird’s eye view of the table is enough to give you the whole gist.
So, without further ado, let us get into it.
Best Pickleball Paddle:
The sport you chose – Pickleball is becoming increasingly popular, and the number of pickleball participants has increased by 650% over the past six years. Pickleball combines many elements of Ping-Pong, Tennis, and Badminton. It has been extremely popular with those racquet sports enthusiasts as many of the skills are transferable.
It’s easy to learn if you have played other racket sports and to be a master in this game, you need to get a perfect pickleball paddle to gain the maxim accuracy level. So, here we have stated the top picks for you with a buying guide, in case you don’t have to go anywhere. Please stick with us till the end to grab the maximum of it.
Name of the Product
Price of the Product
- Selkirk Amped Pickleball Paddle
- PCL Premium Pickleball Paddle Racket
- Steele Pickleball Paddles
- Vinegar pickleball paddles
- SINGHAM Graphite Pickleball Paddles Set
- 74.99 $
- niupipo Pickleball Paddle
- 69.99 $
1- Selkirk Amped Pickleball Paddle:
Selkirk has become the world’s largest pickleball production brand, getting 138.3 (million) sales every year. The premium paddles are only fruitful in winning a match if you choose the best one.
Selkirk’s composition is cushioning and long-lasting with ultimate comfort. Selkirk Amped is your best choice if you are looking for the best lightweight pickleball paddle.
- Selkirk Amped Pickleball Paddle has a broad surface area.
- Best pickleball paddle for a spin.
- It has a low profile.
- It is popular due to its lightweight.
- Selkirk Amped Paddle is durable and uses EdgeSentry technology for well-balanced gameplay.
- The paddle is solid and rigid.
- Fiberglass causes the ball to spin more while maintaining control.
- The AMPED Polypropylene with ultimate X5 Core reduces vibration resulting in smooth gameplay.
- It comes in various colors (blue, green, red), and weights (low or medium) would also be available.
- Selkirk uses EdgeSentry technology.
- It provides a great variety for beginner to experienced players.
- Strong grip for a smooth game.
- Selkirk gives a great variety of weights and grips.
- No carbon fiber
- Graphite paddles are more brittle at the edges when smashed with a stiff surface.
The Selkirk Amped Pickleball Paddle, with premium material, is an unbeatable pick as it will provide you the best value for your expectations and money. Moreover, Selkirk got approved by the USA with (USAPA), So it’s trustable.
2- PCKL Premium Pickleball Paddle Racket
PCK manufactures the best quality Pickleball paddle Rocket with attractive designs. Whether you are looking for the best pickleball paddles for intermediate or advanced players, you can count on PKCL rackets.
It provides all facilities which a player needs. An errorless product that uses advanced materials for your game comfort. Moreover, a standard product that the USA approves makes it an authentic choice.
- Used Sweat-resistant material
- The paddle face material is available in fiberglass and Graphite.
- Eye catchy designs color in Neon green, neon yellow, ice blue, neon orange, due tone, and navy green.
- It has an edgeless design, ROUGH-GRIT GRAPHITE CARBON FACE.
- It gives powerful groundstrokes.
- Polypropylene is a construction material for the Core for a smooth feel and Graphite, enhancing spin and optimum power.
- CORDED GRIP reduce slip and improve in-game comfort
- Available in 16 inches.
- Made for competitive-casual players, avid players, and experienced players.
- The Pedal core is Polypropylene Honeycomb.
- It is used indoors and outdoors.
- It’s a good product with high-quality features and comfort. It focuses on all aspects of the player’s needs.
- Best pickleball paddle for beginners
- In this product, limited colors, and sizes.
- It’s available in 16 inches.
So, in a nutshell, PCKL is a best-selling and trustworthy company. We recommend using this product due to the high-quality features and comfort as the advanced material is used to maintain and enhance the quality.
3- Uteeqe Pickleball Paddles:
Steele Pickleball Paddle has been becoming one of the most popular items for sports enthusiasts. The sport’s popularity has made it difficult to pick the ideal product. It isn’t easy to choose the best of all. Steele Pickleball paddle has made it easy by portraying all the features of the best pickleball paddles.
The product has the best features keeping in mind the technology and materials. Steele A high-quality pickleball paddle has a very reasonable range that includes two pickleball paddles, four balls, and a nice carrying case. USA Pickleball Approved Uteeqe U1 USAPA is qualified for sanctioned tournaments. A firm and reassuring grip further elaborates its unique feature.
- Surfaces: Textured Graphite Surfaces
- Core: Polymer Honeycomb core
- Width: 7.8 inches
- Total Length: 15.8 inches
- Handle Length: 5 inches
- Grip Circumference: 4.25 inches
- Weight: 7.8oz
- Lightweight, easy to play for all age groups.
- Solid paddles and high quality with reasonable prices as compared to others.
- Excellent customer service for taking their products.
- Nice cases to carry to court and outside.
- The paddle handle is a little short for larger hands.
- The surface is slightly smooth rather rough.
With all these qualities, Steele pickleball paddles are a popular choice to gift on occasions like birthdays, graduations, or Christmas. We are sure that once you use this, you will never use any other paddle again.
4- Vinsguir pickleball paddles
Vinsguir’s high-quality and lightweight (7.8 oz) pickleball paddle offers a great blend of strength and control, especially with greater mobility and rapid response capabilities, which are very suitable for players of all ages and skill levels.
Moreover, the paddle core is a Polypropylene honeycomb, whereas polymer is a plastic-like blend known to be the softest and quietest material.
That polymer is also considered a core material for pickleball paddles because of its excellent balance between control and power.
- It comes up as a complete pickleball set which would include two paddles, three pickleball, and much more.
- Made with Graphite.
- It would consist of polymer honeycomb cores that are enough to absorb the noise and vibrations.
- You can get more precise and accurate shots with the supper spin ball.
- The Vinsguir pickleball set is perforated, sweat-absorbent, and non-slip
- Comes up with a convenient grip length of 4.35.”
- USAPA approved.
- The materials used in these pickleball paddles are spectacular.
- They are considered to be the #1 best seller on Amazon.
- Vinegar pickleball paddles are easily inexpensive.
- This product has a one-year warranty.
- Not suitable for advanced players.
- The racket pattern is somewhat childish.
So, even if you have zero experience, vinegar is for you because, with the help of wide body design and sweet spot, you would also get the most accurate aim, even without any experience. So, we recommend this product as the versatile paddle would also work best for beginners and experts.
5- SINSHAM Graphite Pickleball Paddles Set
SINGHAM pickleball paddles are honeycomb structured with premium Graphite face, which has amazing strength and stiffness. Moreover, The portable carry bag holds all the paddles and balls, making it easy to keep with you. So you can enjoy the game anytime and anywhere.
So, undoubtedly this fun paddle set is the best choice for sports clubs, communities, gyms, beaches, and school-going students.
- This set consists of 4 premium Graphite pickleball paddles, two outdoor pickleball balls(40 holes), two indoor pickleball balls (26 holes) & 1 portable Drawstring pickleball bag.
- Singham set is lightweight yet sturdy.
- The set comes with a backpack, which is very handy.
- Sweat absorbent grip maximizes the balance.
- Premium Lightweight Construction
- Graphite provides a firm and long-lasting paddle surface.
- Comes up with attractive and nice color choices.
- Each pickleball paddle weighs 7.94oz.
- The frame material is Graphite.
- Lightweight and well balanced
- Suitable for beginners to professionals
- Best for both indoor and outdoor play
- High-quality material
- Easy to hold and carry
- Best for all ages and both men and women
- Best for both men and women
- The Sinsham set is amazing, but the bag comes with paddles. Sometimes the bag zipper breaks. So we can say the zipper is not good quality.
So, Sinsham paddles will do a great job, and you will enjoy pickleball using this set. With their exceptional quality, sinsham will never disappoint you in play or during practice. We recommend this product as the paddles are superb, and the other included accessories are well-made and much-needed.
6- Niupipo Pickleball Paddle
Niupipo paddles are growing and supporting the sport of pickleball with top products as they have been producing one of the most popular paddles in the markets over the two decades.
USAPA has approved them for sanctioned tournament play. So, the Niupipo pickleball paddle has all the capabilities to resist any challenges on the court.
Moreover, with the desired stiffness and lightweight, you can experience a perfect balance of control and power. Your shots will be more accurate, and you have much more control over how much force you put into the pickleball.
- Premium Lightweight Construction
- The set would consist of two paddles, one bag, and four pickleball.
- Made with high-quality Graphite, which can take your game to the next level.
- It is constructed with a polymer honeycomb, giving it great energy to spin the ball.
- The lightweight design reduces stress and protects your shoulders and elbows from hurt.
- With sweat absorbent cushioned grip, the comfort of the handle of the pickleball racquet is improved.
- Usually comes up with a grip length of 4.8 inches.
- Anyone with a skill level of beginner to intermediate can use it freely.
- Perfect set for beginners to intermediate players
- It offers great energy to spin the balls
- Lightweight with desired strength and stiffness
- A great combination of control and power hitting
- Not suitable for Professionals
- Not for constant spinners
So, it’s highly recommended if you are a beginner as it comes with a graphite paddle and lightweight material, giving the beginner a nice and well-balanced grip. You will be happy and satisfied with this purchase as it has all the features to meet the needs of a beginner player.
Choosing the Best Pickleball Paddles ( The Ultimate Guide)
Are you going to choose your first pickleball paddle? Well, plenty of choices are available in the market, and you can’t get the best among them if you don’t know which points you should consider while purchasing.
Of course, here we have stated the must-haves of pickleball paddles that you should consider before getting your next one.
So, let’s get a straight dive into it.
2. Handle Length
3. Grip Size
- Weight of Paddles
The weight of your pickleball paddle influences your power and control in-game on a massive level. That’s why considering the weight of paddles means a lot before making a purchase.
So, there are three types of pickleball paddles by weight; light, medium, and heavy.
- Lightweight paddles are best for beginners because, due to their lightweight, they require less arm strength, and this makes them easy to swing, which will result in achieving the ultimate accuracy level. Moreover, it provides more control, which comes at the expense of some power and pop. The more head speed for hard hitters makes it a preferable choice.
- Mid-weight paddles are perfect for you if you want to play with power and finesse. Moreover, medium-weight pickleball paddles are best for those beginners who have not yet figured out their preferences and play style. And if your shoulder, elbow, or hand is injured, you can’t get a better choice than this.
- On the other hand, heavy-weight paddles provide more power and pops that require more arm strength. So, it would be the best choice if you only want more power over control. Moreover, as it generates less head speed, they are good for light hitters.
So, seek your need and purpose and find the best-weighted pickleball paddle to gain more accuracy and expertise in this game.
- Handle Length
The second most important factor you should consider is the length of the paddle handle.
So, the length of the handle can vary between 4.5 to 6 inches. Some players like to have two hands on the paddle at all times, while others only use one hand.
- If you use two hands all the time, you will need at least 5…25 inches of handle length, but you may prefer more.
- If you do not ever use two hands, then a standard 5-inch handle length should be good.
Remember, the total length and width of the paddle shouldn’t exceed 24 inches. Because every inch you add to the handle length removes some surface area of the paddle face.
- Grip Size:
Since we are talking about the factors to make a well-informed buying decision for a pickleball paddle, how can we forget the grip sizes? They are available in sizes ranging from 4 to 4.5 inches, whereas a wrong size selection could also lead to various injuries or pains.
So, a question will come to your mind: What is your ideal grip size? Well, don’t worry, the answer is really simple.
Measure the length of your ring finger from the top to the bottom of your lateral palm crease, and you will get a number. Simple! It would be your ideal length for a grip size, whereas the length should be approximately 4 inches.
Good to know: still, if you are in doubt and unsure which one to choose, we recommend going for a small size as you can get more wrist control over the paddle, resulting in a better shot.
Which material is a product made of? This question is the most concerning when purchasing anything because with the quality, and you will also want durability and ease of use.
So, pickleball paddles are usually made with wood, Graphite, and composite materials.
- If you want to get the most budgeted pickleball paddle, your choice must be made with wood because, at a low price, they are also durable. Moreover, the first and original pickleball paddles were also made of wood, so they were usable. With that, if you want to get many paddles (for schools, community centers, etc.), wood paddles can be a good choice because they are more durable and low-cost.
- The composite paddles are gaining popularity because they are easy to handle as they are made with fiberglass or carbon. In contrast, the cores may be made with aluminum or polymer too. So, the combo of these two would make it lighter in weight compared to the wooden one.
- On the other hand, graphite paddles are the best lightweight but expensive pickleball paddles on the market, with an approximate weight of 6 to 9 ounces only. So, it would be the best choice for anyone who wants to get more accurate shots.
So, depending on your need, you can decide whether your paddle should be wood, Graphite, or composite. The choice is completely yours!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are thicker pickleball paddles better?
Pickleball paddle widths are usually between 11mm to 16mm. The thicker a paddle is, the more it will absorb the ball’s energy and give the player better control. On the contrary, if the paddle is thinner, the player will get more power through the shot.
What are pickleball paddles made of?
Initially, Pickleball paddles were only made out of wood. However, nowadays, paddles are made of composites. These materials are aluminum, Nomex, and polymer.
How can I pick the best pickleball paddle as a beginner?
Buying a paddle for the first time can be a difficult task. If you are starting in pickleball, you need a paddle that gives you better control. Look for a paddle that has a thicker core and is easier to manage. Paddles with wider shapes are also very helpful for new players.
Wooden Pickleball paddles could be the best choice for new players. If you are starting, wooden paddles are your cheapest option available. However, remember that wooden paddles are a little heavier to manage.
How heavy should my pickleball paddle be?
Choosing the optimal weight for a paddle depends on the choice of the player. However, if you value control over reaction, you should go for a lighter paddle, but if you want to get a powerful hit, you should go with a heavier one.
But, on average, players would like a paddle of around 7 to 8 ounces.
Will my pickleball paddle last forever?
No, Pickleball paddles do not last forever. Generally, a good-quality paddle will have a lifespan of around 2 to 3 years. Intermediate players tend to change their paddles once every year.
How can I clean my Pickleball paddle?
The best cleaning method is wiping your grip with a towel or clean cloth. Long hours of continuous play can make the handles sweaty. So Make sure to clean your paddles after every use.
Does the length of the handle matter?
The handle length of a paddle plays a big role in the performance. Players can produce more power and spin by playing with the longer handle paddle. The results are the same for both beginners and intermediate players.
Is there any difference between fiberglass and graphite paddles?
The difference between fiberglass and graphite paddles is negligible. Fiberglass paddles are often a little heavier than Graphite. Fiberglass paddles have a more powerful hit. At the same time, graphite paddles have more control or spin over the shot.
Wrapping It All Up
Sports freaks look for the best and the most appropriate gear. From pondering over pickleball strategy to purchasing an ideal item, the players need guidance at every inch. We are always keen to help our pickleball paddle beginners and professionals with everything.
We hope our article was beneficial for you to gain a clear insight into pickleball paddles, as this supreme guide has all you need to know to pick the best pickleball paddle. You can easily compare all of them as the comparison table is there to help you keep the reasonability and ratings of all.