Are you looking for information on what to do after buying a brand new Linksys Re6300 router? Your search ends here. You got what you have been looking for. This article has got all the information that you are seeking. We would like to specify that you are not alone. Users often get stuck with the initial setup procedure of Linksys routers. Go on reading to know the Linksys RE6300 setup process.
What is the Initial Setup Process?
After you buy a Linksys router, to begin accessing its network, you need to first set it up with the existing home network. The initial setup process is all about connecting the new router to the existing modem’s network. Now that you know what the setup process is, it is now time to know how this can be done.
Linksys RE6300 Setup Procedure
There are three ways to set your Linksys RE6300 router with the modem. All the RE6300 setup ways are mentioned below. Use any method that you find comfortable with.
Linksys RE6300 Setup via WPS Method
This setup method is known to be the easiest as well as the most convenient way to get the setup done. Once you go through this procedure, you will agree with us.
- Plug in the Linksys RE6300 into a working and damage-free wall inlet.
- Once the LEDs get settled, locate the WPS button on it.
- Press it.
- Thereafter, locate the WPS button on the modem and press it.
Voila! The setup is completed. Wasn’t it easy?
Linksys RE6300 Setup via Web Interface
In this method, you need to access the web interface using http //myrouter.local to get the process done. Let us get to the instructions on the Linksys RE6300 setup using the web-based GUI.
- Power up your brand new Linksys RE6300 by plugging it into a wall electrical inlet.
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable and insert one end into the Linksys router and the other end into the modem.
- Now, using a computer, open any internet browser of your choice.
- Carefully type http //myrouter.local in the URL field of the browser.
- Press Enter.
- Once you are on the Linksys login page, enter the default username and password into the designated boxes.
- Clicking on the Login button will redirect you to the Linksys admin dashboard.
- Follow all the on-screen prompts displayed in front of you to get the setup of the Linksys RE6300 completed.
You can manage and control your Linksys router settings too by logging into the same web interface.
Linksys RE6300 Setup via Linksys App
You can also use the Linksys app to do the initial setup of your Linksys device. This app can be downloaded on a smartphone and can be used to do the setup process as well as manage the Linksys router. The method is as follows:
- Tap on the Play Store or the App Store. Download the Linksys app on your smartphone from here.
- Once it is downloaded, tap on the icon to open it.
- Avoiding typos, enter the Linksys default login username and password.
- Click on the Login button.
- Once you reach the Linksys router setup wizard, follow the on-screen instructions to get the setup done.
After the setup is done, you can log into the router using the same app and manage your router settings.
Here we conclude our article on how to set up a Linksys Re6300 router. Now got to know how to login to Linksys router as well. At any point, if you want to make any modifications to the Linksys RE6300, you can log in to your router and access the settings page to make the desired changes.