Oman Citizens do require a visa to travel India. Make sure you get the right Indian Visa for Oman Citizens for your travel that is valid for the purpose and duration of your stay. The Indian e-Visa is issued for Oman citizens under the following 5 categories :-
- India Tourist Visa
- India Business Visa
- India Medical Visa
- India Conference Visa
- India Medical Attendant Visa
The required documents for e-Tourist visa (e-TV) are digital photograph and copy of scanned Passport of the applicant. You will need to provide additional documents for e-Business visa – copy of your business card and e-Medical Visa – reference letter from Hospital. You can check the documents required for Indian e-Visa in details further.
New Entry Requirements for India: The ministry of civil aviation india has started a contactless solution by the name of air suvidha for all the international passengers visiting india due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Air Suvidha self declaration form to be mandatorily filled by all international arriving passengers to india.
To process your visa, you will need to fill out the online application form and upload the required documents, then proceed to make the payment. We will send your verified application to immigration once the payment is approved on your behalf and you will receive the visa within 3 to 5 or 1 to 3 business days. please apply here Apply Indian e-Visa from Oman.
Oman passport holder check that you are OK to travel to India
To be allowed to travel to India and to enter when you get here, you’ll need to:
- Hold a valid passport or travel document in good condition with 2 blank pages for your visa and valid for a minimum of 180 days at the time of your visa application.
- Hold a valid visa to travel to or transit India (if one is required). If you’ve been issued an eVisa it’s a good idea to print out a copy to bring with you when you travel
- Make sure your visa is in the passport you use to travel to India – if you want to use a different passport, you’ll need to make sure you apply to transfer your visa to the right passport before you travel
- We may ask you to show us your visa or travel ticket out of india to a country you can enter at the end of your stay.
- If we ask, show us you have enough money to support yourself while you’re in India.
- Polio vaccination: You may be required to hold a valid polio vaccination certificate If you travel to India from Pakistan, Israel, Kenya, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Afghanistan or Somalia countries.
If your circumstances have changed since you were granted a visa, or if you’re travelling visa waiver and you’re unsure if you’ll meet our requirements for entry permission, you should contact us before Indian Visa for Japan Citizens to India.
- The Indian e Tourist Visas 30 days, 5 years and 1 year have been restored with immediate effect. Now your application could be processed with top priority.
- e-Business visa, e-Medical Visa and e-Medical Attendant Visa holders can get extended while in India. Applicants are advised to apply for Indian visa extension at least 2 weeks in advance.
- India’s Bureau of Immigration has announced that with immediate effect, foreign nationals who arrive at an Indian port holding non-machine readable passports will be denied entry.
- When you arrive at the airport, your passport will be stamped and an expiry date for your e-visa will be handwritten by an Immigration Officer.
- Check the date that is written on your passport and make sure you leave the country before your visa expires.
- If you overstay your visa you must apply for visa extension or Exit Permit to the FRRO or Superintendent of Police you registered with to get permission to extend / exit the country. You will be fined and may be prosecuted or detained and later deported. If you have overstayed your visa but did not register you must report to the nearest FRRO or Senior Superintendent of Police.
So avoid to overstay on you Visa.
- From 1 April 2017, the length of stay on an e-visa has been increased from 30 days to 60 days with double entry on tourist and business e-visa and triple entry on medical e-visa.
The 60 days start on the date of your first entry into India on your e-visa.
- From January 2019, the Government of India updated the e-Visa rules for all eligible countries. The validity of Indian e-tourist was increased from 60 days to 1 year and 5 years with multiple entries and also e-business visa increased from 60 days with double entry to 1 year with multiple entries. was done together. Now visa validity count starts from the date of grant of ETA and not from the day of physical entry as before.
The ethnic and cultural diversity of India has made it one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. People are drawn from all over to experience everything India has to offer. Throughout the centuries, the Indian people have developed intellectual and spiritual beliefs in areas such as mathematics, architecture, astronomy, theology, music, literature, and fine arts.
Before traveling to India, Omani nationals, as well as citizens from many countries around the world, are required to obtain the relevant travel documentation to be allowed entry into the country. The Indian government offers an electronic visa system that permits Omani travelers, as one of the 166 eligible nations, to apply for a visa to visit India from the comfort of their homes.
Do Omani Passport Holders Need a Visa for India?
Travelers wishing to visit India must have a valid passport issued from their country of origin, as well as an Indian visa. An India visa for Omani citizens can now be obtained quickly and easily, without the hassle and inconvenience of sending a passport to the Indian Embassy. Travelers can simply apply for an e-Visa online.
Depending on the purpose of the trip, travelers can apply for an India tourist visa, an India business visa, or an India medical visa.
Please note, a medical visa is for medical procedures. Spiritual healing or guidance does not require a special medical visa.
What Documents Do Omani Citizens Need to Get an Indian visa?
The purpose of documentation is to prove the identity of the applicant. India visa requirements for citizens of Oman include:
- A valid passport. Citizens that already have a passport should ensure it is valid and not expired. The passport should have at least two blank pages
- A recent, passport-sized photograph. The photo should be a clear head-shot with a white background and no facial gestures
- A scanned copy of the information page of the passport
- A valid form of payment – Credit/Debit card
- Visitors applying for a business e-visa will need to produce a business card or letter of invitation
- For a medical visa, the applicant must show a letter from the Indian hospital where the procedure is to take place
How Long Does It Take to Get an Indian Visa from Oman?
Processing times generally take two to four days, however, travelers are advised to apply for their eVisa to India from Oman at least 5 days before departure.
There are occasions where more documentation may be required in order to process the visa application correctly. There are also times when it can take longer to receive the approved Indian visa for Omani citizens via email. Applicants will be contacted in these cases so that they are aware of the status of their visa application.