New Zealand eTA Eligibility
- Icelandic citizens can apply for an NZeTA
- Iceland was a launch member of the NZ eTA program
- Icelandic citizens enjoy fast entry using the NZ eTA program
Other New Zealand eTA Requirements
- Icelandic citizens can apply for NZ eTA online
- NZ eTA is valid for arrival by air and cruise ship
- NZ eTA is for short tourist, business, transit visits
- You must be over 18 to apply for an NZ eTA otherwise require a parent/guardian
What are requirements of New Zealand Visa from Iceland?
A NEW ZEALAND VISA FOR ICELAND CITIZENS is required for visits up to 90 days.
Icelandic passport holders can enter New Zealand on New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) for a period of 90 days without obtaining a visa for New Zealand from Iceland, under the visa waiver program that commenced in the years 2009. Since July 2019, Icelandic citizens require an eTA for New Zealand.
A New Zealand Visa from Iceland is not optional, but a mandatory requirement for all Icelandic citizens traveling to the country for short stays. Before travelling to New Zealand, a traveller needs to ensure that the validity of the passport is at least three months past the expected departure date.
Only Australian Citizen are exempt, even Australian permanent residents are required to obtain an New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorisation (NZeTA).
How can I apply for New Zealand Visa from Iceland?
The New Zealand Visa for Icelandic citizens comprises an online application form that can be completed in less than five (5) minutes. It is necessary for applicants to enter personal details, their contact details, like email and address, and information on their passport page. Applicant must be in good health and should not have a criminal history. You can get more information at New Zealand eTA Application Form Guide.
After Icelandic citizens pay the New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) fees, their eTA application processing commences. NZ eTA is delivered to Icelandic citizens via email. If additional documentation is required, the the applicant will be contact prior to approval of New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) for Icelandic citizens.
New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) requirements for Icelandic citizens
To enter New Zealand, Icelandic citizens will require a valid travel document or passport in order to apply for New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA). Icelandic citizens who have a passport of an additional nationality need to make sure they apply with the same passport they travel with, as the New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) for New Zealand for Icelandic citizens will be associated with the passport that was mentioned at the time of application.
Applicants will also require a valid credit or debit card or paypal account to pay the New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA). The fee for New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) for Icelandic citizens covers eTA fee and tourist levy. Icelandic citizens are also required to provide a valid email address, to receive the NZeTA in their inbox. It will be your responsibility to carefully double-check all the data entered so there are no issues with the New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA), otherwise you may have to apply for another NZ eTA.
How long can Icelandic citizen stay on New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA)?
Icelandic citizen’s departure date must be within 3 months of arrival. Additionally, Icelandic citizen can NEW ZEALAND VISA FOR SWISS CITIZENS only for 6 months in a 12 month period on an NZ eTA.
How long can a Icelandic citizen stay in New Zealand on a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA)?
Icelandic passport holders are required to obtain a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) even for a short duration of 1 day up to 90 days. If the Icelandic citizens intend to stay for a longer duration, then they should apply for a relevant Visa depending on their circumstances.
Travel to New Zealand from Iceland
Upon receiving the New Zealand Visa for Icelandic citizens, travelers will be able to either present an electronic or paper copy to present to New Zealand border and immigration.
Can Icelandic citizens enter multiple times on New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization (NZeTA)?
New Zealand Visa for Icelandic citizens is valid for multiple entries during the period of its validity. Icelandic citizens can enter multiple times during the two year validity of the NZ eTA.
Frequently Asked Questions about NZeTA
11 Things To Do and Places of Interest for Icelandic Citizens
- Rollerblade along Wellington’s waterfront
- Immerse yourself in Wellington’s coffee culture
- Go vintage on Cuba Street, Wellington
- Climb the Sky Tower for astounding Auckland views
- Check out an urban volcano, Mt Eden
- Redwoods Treehouse, Auckland
- See the waterfalls at Earnslaw Burn
- Take the ferry to Waiheke Island
- Meet the marine life at Kaikoura
- Half-Day Wellington Self-Guided Electric Bike Tour
- Visit The International Antarctic Centre
Many travellers will not need a visa to travel as a tourist to Iceland.
Although Iceland is not a member state of the EU, it is a member of the Schengen area, so for many countries, a visa is not required. Currently, citizens of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the US and the UK – among around 60 others – are included under this visa-free arrangement. You are still required to meet the following criteria:
- Travel to one (or more) of Schengen’s 26 partnering countries for a total or fewer than 90 days in a 6-month period.
- Have a valid passport for at least three months beyond your intended date of departure from the Schengen area.
- Have sufficient funds for your stay, and have booked either a return or onward ticket, or have enough funds to buy one.
In most cases, Schengen members are included in this visa-free arrangement with their neighbours. There are, however, around 100 countries whose citizens are required to obtain a Schengen visa to enter any country in the Schengen area. This currently includes travellers from South Africa, China and Russia.
How to apply for an Iceland visa (if you need one)
If you are a citizen of a country that requires a Schengen visa to enter Iceland:
- Make sure you qualify for a Schengen visa and work out which one suits your travel needs. If you wish to travel for leisure, you will likely qualify for the Tourist Schengen visa.
- Work out where you need to apply. Your Schengen visa application should be submitted to the consulate/embassy/visa centre of the country where you will spend the majority of your time in the Schengen area. If you are spending the same amount of time in each country, submit your application to the first country you will visit.
- Work out how much time is needed to process your application. A Tourist Schengen visa application should be submitted at least 15 calendar days before you travel, and no earlier than three months before travel.
- Collect the required documents. These documents include, but may not be limited to: a visa application, two recent passport-style photos, a valid passport, roundtrip reservation or itinerary, travel insurance, proof of accommodation, proof of financial means and proof of employment.
- Make an appointment with your destination country’s consulate/embassy/visa centre, and attend the visa interview.
- Pay the visa fee and wait to hear the results of your visa application.