Travelers often consider Pennsylvania an overlooked state that has a lot of things to see and do. With so many historic sites, bustling cities, and pristine areas for outdoor activities, it’s no wonder that people get excited about visiting Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania is a state located in the northeastern United States. It is the largest state by area, and has more than 12 million residents. Pennsylvania has a long and complex history, which can be seen in its many attractions. Here are some of the best things to do in Pennsylvania:
-Visit Philadelphia: Philadelphia is the capital of Pennsylvania and home to some of America’s most iconic historical sites, including Independence Hall, Lincoln Memorial, and Shakespeare Garden.
-Visit Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh is known for its rich history and unique architecture, including the Cathedral of Learning and the Golden Triangle district.
-Take a drive around Pennsylvania’s scenic countryside: The rolling hills and picturesque villages make for a beautiful drive through Pennsylvania.
-Experience Amish country: Travel to Lancaster County to visit the Amish Country and experience their simple but beautiful lifestyle.
Things to do in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is a big state, with lots to see and do. Here are some of the best things to do in Pennsylvania:
-Visit Philadelphia – Philadelphia is one of the most famous cities in the United States, and it’s worth spending some time there. The city has historical landmarks, great restaurants, and plenty of entertainment options.
-Attend a Phillies game – The Philadelphia Phillies are one of the most popular teams in baseball, and their games are always entertaining. There are several stadiums around the city where you can watch them play, and tickets usually aren’t too expensive.
-Take a trip down to Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh is one of America’s oldest cities, and it has a lot of history to offer. The architecture is amazing, and there are plenty of attractions to see. It’s also a great place to eat, drink, and be merry.
-Ride the rails – Pennsylvania has some great railroads that make for an interesting day out. You can go anywhere in the state by train – whether it’s near Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. All of these trips come with beautiful scenery that you won’t find anywhere else.
The best things to do in Philadelphia
If you’re looking for a city with a lot to offer, Philadelphia is definitely worth considering. It’s home to some of the country’s most iconic landmarks, like Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, as well as some of its most popular shopping districts. There are also a number of museums and theaters here that should keep you entertained for days on end.
Here are some of our favorite things to do in Philadelphia:
1. Take a walk through Old City – This UNESCO World Heritage Site is full of historical charm, and there are plenty of interesting shops and restaurants located within its boundaries.
2. Visit the Franklin Institute – This museum is home to some of the country’s most impressive exhibits, including an interactive science center and a planetarium.
3. Tour Independence Hall – This hall is home to important historical documents, like the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
4. Step back in time at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts – This museum features works from throughout history, including paintings by Rembrandt and Michelangelo.
The best things to do in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is a city with a lot to offer. Whether you’re looking for culture, nightlife, or outdoor activities, there’s something for everyone in Pittsburgh. Here are the best things to do in Pittsburgh:
1) Visit the Heinz History Center. This museum has an impressive collection of artifacts from the history of Pittsburgh and the country. It’s a great place to learn about Pittsburgh’s past and see some of the city’s most famous landmarks.
2) Take a walk through Point State Park. This park has beautiful views of the city skyline and is perfect for a romantic date or a day out with friends.
3) Eat at one of Pittsburgh’s many delicious restaurants. From casual dives to high-end establishments, there’s something for everyone in this city when it comes to food.
4) Attend a Steelers game at Heinz Field. The Steelers are one of the most popular teams in the NFL and their games are always exciting. You won’t be disappointed if you go watch them play!
Things to do in Harrisburg
If you’re looking for a fun weekend getaway in Pennsylvania, there are plenty of things to do in Harrisburg. This historic city is home to many interesting attractions, including the Capitol Building and the National Museum of American History.
In addition to these popular destinations, Harrisburg has plenty of shopping districts and restaurants to explore. There’s also a wealth of cultural events taking place throughout the year, so be sure to check the calendar before your trip for details.
If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, there are plenty of outdoor activities available in Harrisburg, such as hiking and biking. Alternatively, you could take a trip to one of the city’s many amusement parks.
The best places to visit near Pittsburgh
If you’re looking for a fun and exciting weekend getaway, Pennsylvania has plenty to offer! Here are some of the best places to visit near Pittsburgh:
1. Amish Country: This charming area is home to the world’s largest concentration of Amish people. You can tour their homes and businesses, and see the traditional way of life up close.
2. Gettysburg Battlefield: This iconic battlefield is one of America’s most popular tourist destinations. It contains more than 150 monuments, museums, and other attractions.
3. The National Constitution Center: This fascinating museum offers an in-depth look at the history of the United States Constitution. You can learn about the compromises made during its creation, as well as how it has been amended over time.
4. The Franklin Institute: This renowned science museum is home to some of the world’s most impressive exhibits, including a replica of the Large Hadron Collider. It’s a great place to spend a rainy day indoors!
5. The Andy Warhol Museum: If you’re interested in artistry and creativity, this museum is worth checking out. It features works by some of history’s most famous artists, including Warhol himself.