Turkey Visa Online Eligibility
- South African citizens can apply for Turkey eVisa
- South Africa was a launch member of the Turkey eVisa program
- South African citizens enjoy fast entry using the Turkey eVisa program
Other Turkey Visa Online Requirements
- South African citizens can apply for Turkey Visa for South African Citizens
- Turkey Electronic Visa is valid for arrival by land, sea or air
- Turkey Electronic Visa is for short tourist, business, transit visits of upto 90 days
Turkey Visa from South Africa
This Electronic Turkey Visa is being implemented to allow visitors to easily obtain their visas online. The Turkey eVisa program was launched in 2013 by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey.
South African citizens are required to apply for a Turkey e-Visa (Turkey Visa Online) to enter Turkey for visits upto for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. Turkey Visa from South Africa is not optional, but a mandatory requirement for all South African citizens traveling to the country for short stays. The Turkey eVisa holders passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the departure date, that is the date when you leave Turkey.
How can I apply for Turkey Visa from South Africa?
The Turkey Visa for South African citizens comprises an Turkey Visa Types that can be completed in as little as five (5) minutes. It is necessary for applicants to enter information on their passport page, personal details, their contact details, like email and address.
Turkey Visa for South African citizens can be applied and completed online on this website and can receive the Turkey Visa Online by email. The process is extremely simplified for the South African citizens. The only requirement is to have an email Id, a Credit / Debit card in 1 of the 133 currencies or Paypal.
After you have paid the fees, the eTA application processing commences. Turkey Visa Online is delivered via email. Turkey Visa for South African citizens will be sent via email, after they have completed the online application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment has been verified. In very rare circumstance, if additional documentation is required, the the applicant will be contact prior to approval of Turkey eVisa.
Requirements of Turkey Visa for South African citizens
To enter Turkey, South African citizens will require a valid travel document or passport in order to apply for Turkey eVisa. South African citizens who have a passport of an additional nationality need to make sure they apply with the same passport that they will travel with, as the Turkey eVisa will be associated with the passport that was mentioned at the time of application. There is no need to print or present any documents at the airport, as the Turkey Electronic Visa is stored electronically against the passport in the Turkey Immigration system.
Applicants will also require a valid credit or debit card or PayPal account to pay for the Turkey Visa Online. South African citizens are also required to provide a valid email address, to receive the Turkey eVisa in their inbox. The information on your Turkey Visa must match the information on your passport completely, , otherwise you will need to apply for a new Turkey eVisa.Read about full Turkey Visa Online Requirements
How long can South African citizens stay on Turkey Visa?
South African citizen’s departure date must be within 30 Days of arrival. South African passport holders are required to obtain a Turkey Electronic Travel Authority (Turkey eVisa) even for a short duration of 1 day up to 30 Days. If the South African citizens intend to stay for a longer duration, then they should apply for a relevant Visa depending on their circumstances. Turkey Visa is not valid for purposes other than tourism or business. If you need to study or work in Turkey you must apply for a regular/traditional/sticker visa at your closest Turkey embassy/commission.
Frequently Asked Questions about Turkey Visa Online (or Turkey e-Visa)
What is Turkey Visa Online validity for South African citizens
While Turkey e-Visa is valid for a duration of 180 days, South African citizens can stay for upto 30 Days within the 180 day period. Turkey e-Visa is a Multiple Entry visa for South African citizens.
Things to do and places of interest for South African citizens in Turkey
- Mausoleum and Holy Seat of Antiochus at Nemrut Dagi
- Dishes from the Ottoman Empire at Asitane Restaurant in Fatih, Turkey
- Kuşadası, a charming beach town in Turkey
- Visit miniature theme park with 100-plus models at Miniaturk
- An Art Nouveau gem at Vlora Hanı
- Enjoy a Turkish bath in Istanbul
- Visit the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul
- Sail on the Aegean Sea
- Soak in the thermal waters in Pamukkale
- Day trip to Cleopatra Island off the southeastern coast of Turkey
- A sacred lake with biblical history at Urfa, Turkey
Turkish e-Visa is a recently introduced system that allows visitors from more than 100 countries to apply online for a short-term visa. South African nationals can apply for Turkey e Visa, which permits them to stay in the country for 30 days.
The visa is valid for 180 days, and the validity date is determined according to the applicant’s intended date or time frame of travel to Turkey. South African nationals can apply for multiple-entry e-Visa. However, keep in mind that each trip should not exceed a maximum period of 30 days. The e-visa application is generally processed within 1 business days.
Why apply for an E-Visa?
If your stay is going to be short, that is, no more than 30 days, and you are visiting Turkey for business, tourism, or leisurely purposes, then applying for an e-Visa is the best option. This facility is not available to all countries, and just a couple of nationalities can benefit from this fast-tracked visa process. You can conveniently apply for a Turkish e-Visa after completing an application form online, providing relevant support documents requirements for Turkey visa, and paying the visa processing fee. The entire application process is completed online from the comfort of your home without needing to visit an embassy or consulate.
Who Can Apply for Turkey E-Visa?
South African citizens must obtain a visa before departing to Turkey. Turkey offers a variety of online visas, including tourist, transit, and business visas. There’s a specific eligibility criterion that an applicant must fulfil to apply for the e-Visa.
The applicant must visit Turkey for a short trip.
- The purpose of travel should be business, tourism, or transit to pass through Turkey for entering another destination.
- The candidate must have a valid South African passport with at least 6 months remaining in its expiry after the date of arrival in Turkey.
- This visa cannot be obtained for seeking paid employment or studying in Turkey. You need to obtain a suitable type of visa via your nearest Turkish embassy/consulate for these purposes.
- They must possess an active email address.
- South African citizens are ineligible to apply for or obtain a visa on arrival.
How to Fill Out an E-Visa Application Form?
You can quickly fill out the Turkey e-Visa application form all by yourself.
- When you click on the application form’s link on the website, The step is providing the date of travelling to Turkey. Enter the date when you want to enter Turkey and if there is no specific date in your mind, give a rough idea about the timeframe during which you might travel to Turkey.
- A dialogue box will appear inquiring about your country of residence and the type of travel document you will be using to apply for the visa. You can select between ordinary, special, diplomatic, alien, service or Nansen passports.
- You have to include personal details, including full name, parents name, date of birth, nationality, marital status, residence address, contact number, email address, occupation, and other relevant details.
- Please refer to your passport’s biography page to fill out this page because the information you provide on the application form must match the data on your passport otherwise, the application will not be processed.
- Please enter travel-related details. This includes passport number, its issue and expiry date, country of issuance, the purpose of travel, previous travel history, etc.
- After providing all the details, you will be redirected to a payment processing page to pay Turkish visa fees. Please use a valid payment card, either debit or credit card such as MasterCard or Visa, to complete the transaction. Do not worry about the payment process, as it is performed via a secure online system. You can also use a PayPal account to make the payment. Your financial data will not be stored, and the process will remain confidential.