So you forgot your Netgear AC750 router admin password and you have no idea what can be done now. Well, this article can be of help to you. Netgear has provided its users with a feature using which you can easily retrieve your Netgear admin password. Yes, we are talking about Netgear Password Recovery feature. If you have enabled this feature after you performed Netgear AC750 router setup, then using a few steps you will be able to recover your Netgear admin password easily. However, if this feature was not enabled then you will have to factory reset your Netgear router.
How to Perform Netgear Router Factory Reset?
By resetting your Netgear AC750 to its default factory settings, all the customized data on it will be deleted. After the reset, you will again have to reconfigure/set up your router. While you reconfigure your router, you enter the default password. This is how you get a new admin password for your Netgear router. In case, you do not know how to factory reset your Netgear router, follow the aforementioned steps.
- Locate the reset button on your AC750 router.
- Press it for a while.
- Release it.
And you are done resetting the device. Perform the setup process again. To set up your Netgear router, you can either make use of the Netgear router default IP or you can also use log in web address routerlogin.net. Once done, you are good to go. But, if the password recovery feature is enabled go to the next procedure.
Process to Recover Netgear Admin Password
Here is how you can recover your Netgear AC750 router password, in case you have forgotten it.
- Using your computer or laptop, launch a web browser.
Note: We recommend you use a computer that is running on its latest operating system. Apart from that, having a web browser with the latest software version is an added advantage. Deleting the browser cache is also recommended to avoid any hindrance during password recovery.
- Type in the Netgear router login address, which is www.routerlogin.net, in the address bar of the browser. Avoid making any typing errors while entering the address, as even a minor error may take you to some anonymous website instead of the one on which you want to land. Besides, check that you are typing the web address into the URL bar and not in the search bar of the browser.
- Hit Enter. A login window will be displayed.
- Here, do not enter the username and password, instead, click on the Cancel button.
- The Netgear Router Password Recovery window will open up.
- It will demand you to enter your Netgear router’s serial number.
- Click on Continue after you have entered your router’s serial number.
- Answer the security questions that you see on the screen.
Note: Security questions are the same which were answered by you while you earlier enabled the password recovery feature on your Netgear AC750 router. Hence, enter the same answers to retrieve the forgotten password.
- Click on Continue. Your Netgear router admin password will be displayed.
This is how you can recover Netgear AC750 router admin password. We would want you to know that at times, you may experience routerlogin.net not working issue while you are trying to access the Netgear login page. In such a case instead of using the login web address www.routerlogin.net, make use of the default IP address of the Netgear AC750 router.
We rest our write-up on Netgear AC750 router password recovery. If you have forgotten your current Netgear admin password, simply follow the above given method to retrieve it, without any hassle.
You can checl also: Things That an International Student Must Avoid in the USA